Casey's Responsible Redevelopment initiative advocates a more comprehensive, responsive approach to community redevelopment. This unique approach focuses on people rather than buildings and on making redevelopment work to improve conditions for low-income families and children that are impacted by these activities. Casey's attention to responsible relocation and redevelopment efforts include not only the processes, practices, and policies of redevelopment, but, moreover, improving opportunities and outcomes for residents of targeted neighborhoods, cities, and regions.
Our strategies include:
- Promoting Responsible Relocation -- minimize the adverse impact of relocation on low-income families while providing services and supports to maximize better social and economic outcomes.
- Promoting Responsible Redevelopment -- increase the chances of residents experiencing positive results by creating diverse, mixed-income, mixed-use neighborhoods that provide supportive environments for vulnerable families.
- Promoting Expanded Access to Regional Opportunities -- help connect vulnerable families to better housing, jobs, education, healthcare, and other opportunities by fostering regional solutions to concentrated poverty and making it practical for residents to move to communities of choice.
- Promoting Partnerships for Community Development -- catalyze medical facilities, universities, businesses and other entities with deep community ties to invest in their community’s responsible redevelopment in ways where tangible benefits accrue both to low-income communities and to the institutions themselves
For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Find key resources on Neighborhood Development in the Knowledge Center.
- Get more information about Living Cities, a nationwide partnership of financial institutions, foundations, and government agencies working together to advance America's urban neighborhoods. The Casey Foundation is an actively engaged member of Living Cities.
- Find out more about the East Baltimore Redevelopment Project as one example of responsible relocation and redevelopment.
- Find out more about our Community Change work.