Upcoming Webinar: How Your School or Nonprofit Can Better Engage Parents
Interested in more effectively engaging parents and developing parents as leaders in your work?
Parents have the greatest stake in their children’s well-being and are invaluable partners for organizations striving to improve the lives of kids and families. Many community nonprofits and schools seek ways to better engage families and help them foster child development. These organizations want to more effectively reach parents, provide services they need and want and make sure they have the tools and skills necessary to support their kids.
Join us Aug. 9 for a webinar highlighting a new organizational assessment tool that will help schools and other nonprofits form true partnerships with parents, encouraging greater parent participation and involvement in programming — and equipping parents and caregivers to advocate for themselves, their families and their communities.
The session will feature the tool’s designers, as well as representatives from nonprofits who tested this new resource.
- Rosa Maria Castañeda (moderator), senior associate, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Shelley Waters Boots, senior consultant, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Gail Hayes, senior consultant, The Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Arlise Ford, director of social services for Education Pipeline Early Care and Education, Educational Alliance
- Lindsey Cabaniss, manager of Innovation Lab, Community Action Project of Tulsa
What: Engaging Parents, Developing Leaders: An Assessment Tool for Nonprofits and Schools
When: Tuesday, Aug. 9, 2016, at 1 p.m. EDT
Registration password: parents