Creating an Intergenerational Engagement Strategy With Community Organizations
The Annie E. Casey Foundation will host a discussion-based webinar from 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, to share early lessons from its efforts to develop a strategy for intergenerational engagement to advance community change.
Participants will learn about the Foundation’s multi-phased intergenerational engagement effort that places community organizations at the center of program design and implementation.
Traci Broady, a senior associate at Casey, will host the conversation and lead a panel of youth and adult leaders from the effort who will discuss their experiences and share lessons from the process.
- Mahal Burr, BRIDGES USA
- Milana Kumar, BRIDGES USA
- Rashad Staton, Community Leaders in Action
- Tyler Broady, Community Leaders in Action
- Libby Rau, Youthprise
- Neese Parker, Youthprise
During the webinar, the Foundation also will issue a request for letters of interest from organizations and partnerships to test guides, tools and practices developed during the initial intergenerational engagement effort. Participants in this work included:
- BRIDGES USA, Memphis, Tennessee
- Community Leaders in Action, Baltimore, Maryland
- MyKearns Community Coalition, Kearns, Utah
- No Boundaries Coalition, Baltimore, Maryland
- Our Turn, Inc.
- Point Source Youth
- YES! For Equity
- Youthprise, Minneapolis, Minnesota