Released on the 25th anniversary of the Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative®, JDAI at 25: Insights From the Annual Results Reports draws on eight years of data to highlight how participating sites have achieved significant and — in many cases — long-lasting reductions in rates of juvenile incarceration and juvenile crime. In a new webinar from the Casey Foundation, experts walk through the publication’s data and its importance to detention reform.
Watch the recording of this webinar
JDAI has always emphasized the critical importance of data-driven decision making as a core strategy. During this online event, attendees will take away key insights from the JDAI annual results reports and dig deeper into both site-level and initiative-wide data included in the reports. In addition, attendees will offer input to the Casey Foundation on ways to promote and support continuous data-driven learning and improvement across JDAI that:
- takes full advantage of the large JDAI network;
- uses more advanced technology;
- provides greater insight into racial disparities and other areas of focus for JDAI sites;
- is more responsive to the needs and challenges of sites across the initiative; and
- focuses JDAI’s data strategies, not just on measuring progress to date, but also on guiding the priorities and direction of detention reform into the future.
Title: [email protected]: Looking Deeper at the Data
Time and date: 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. ET, Thursday, July 13
Description: Attendees will learn key insights from the JDAI annual results reports and dig deeper into both site-level and initiative-wide data included in the reports. Participants will discuss opportunities and challenges of continuous data-driven learning and improvement across the JDAI network.
Presenters: Tom Woods, senior associate, the Annie E. Casey Foundation; Selena Tan, program associate, the Annie E. Casey Foundation; and Jason Melchi, president, Empact Solutions